City Creek Center in Salt Lake City is one of the nation’s largest mixed-use downtown redevelopment projects, covering two full city blocks. Massive retractable skylights, residential towers, retail spaces, plazas, underground parking, multiple water features and a goal of LEED accreditation meant Detec was the right solution for this project.
Permanently Embedded, Fully Automated Leak Detection and Moisture Monitoring Systems
Continuously Monitor Long After the Initial Membrane Installation
Detec’s PermaScan™ leak detection system is the most advanced electronic leak detection technology for monitoring a roofing or waterproofing assembly. A PermaScan leak detection system ensures the customer benefits from the longest possible service life for the roof, minimizing risk and reducing maintenance costs over time.
The PermaScan isolates leaks remotely to a small, defined area, ensuring the least amount of disruption to the overburden should a repair be necessary. Opening shown here is approximately 12″ x 12″ x 18″ deep exposing our Moisture Detection Tape (MDT)
- The PermaScan-C system detects moisture at the vapor barrier
- The PermaScan-I system detects breaches in the waterproofing
- Produces timely detection to minimize damage
- Monitors during construction
- Provides cost-effective sustainability through continuous monitoring
- Diagnoses the membrane utilizing sensors embedded below the overburden, for accurate and reliable detection
- Ensures peace of mind and the longest lifespan for the roof, building or structure
- The best ELD system for a green roof